Step 1: Enter Rates
- Standard Rate – Enter Rate Here appears in red towards the upper right. Enter the service fee rate for all non-superload permits. Tool is only compatible with Permit America rate structure.
- Superload Rate – Enter Rate Here appears in red just under the standard rate. Enter the service fee rate for all superload permits. Tool is only compatible with Permit America rate structure.
Step 2: Enter Overall Dimensions
- Enter overall weight which includes truck, trailer and load
- Enter Height, Width and Length. Do not enter as a percent of an inch. For example a twelve foot six inch wide load would be entered as 12 and 6 and not 12.5
Step 3: Selecting States
- Toggle on a state by entering a “1” in the column 1 or Null. Simply delete the one leaving the cell blank to turn off the calculation.
- Red boxes – Depending on the size/weight and the state selected a red fill may appear on a cell. This means that you need to complete that cell to reflect an accurate estimate. For example if you have an overweight load in Louisiana a red fill will appear under the Day and Miles column. Enter the number of days and expected miles for the ton mile calculation.
Step 4: Totals
- At the bottom right hand side you will find a couple totals. Permit Fee represents the Sum of all permit charges, Service fee represents service fees and Estimated Total represents the Sum of the two. Please note a 4% fee will be added on credit card transactions.
Step 5: Reset the Fields
- To reset the tool simply hit the blue reset button at the top of the page. You could also hit the refresh button on your browser.